WWW.MAGELLANO.ORG"

Ritorna al Portale
Oggi è 29/03/2024, 1:35

Tutti gli orari sono UTC +1 ora [ ora legale ]

Si comunica a tutti gli utenti che solamente dopo i saluti e la loro presentazione saranno completamente abilitati al Forum - Si prega inoltre di leggere il Nuovo Regolamento. Grazie!

Regole del forum

HAI LETTO IL REGOLAMENTO DEL FORUM? - TI SEI PRESENTATO? - HAI FATTO UNA RICERCA PRIMA DI CHIEDERE?

Apri un nuovo argomento Rispondi all’argomento  [ 13 messaggi ]  Vai alla pagina Precedente  1, 2
Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: Re: Fregate Britanniche, National Maritime Museum, Greenwich
MessaggioInviato: 23/04/2015, 12:47 
Non connesso

cognome e nome: n/a
SLR0342

Scale: 1:48.

A contemporary full hull model of the 'Diana'-class frigate (1794), a 38-gun fifth-rate, built in 'bread and butter' fashion and finished in the Georgian style. Model is partially decked, equipped, and mounted on its original pillar supports with a modern base.
This model clearly illustrates the increasing use of bone and ivory in particular the carved decoration on the stern and the numerous fittings that were turned on a lathe such as the capstan head and deadeyes.
This class of frigate were built from plans by Sir John Henslow, Surveyor of the Navy, 1784-1806, and had a gun deck of 146 feet by 39 feet in the beam and a tonnage of 984 (builders old measurement).
Known as the 'eyes and ears’ of the fleet, the frigate was used for a variety of roles such as searching out and reporting on the enemy fleets and convoys, as well as independent patrols worldwide.

Overall model: 275 x 1115 x 255 mm; Base: 65 x 755 x 305 mm

Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.

Profilo  

Oggetto del messaggio: Re: Fregate Britanniche, National Maritime Museum, Greenwich
MessaggioInviato: 03/05/2015, 17:13 
Non connesso

SLR0411

Scale: 1:48.

A Georgian full hull model of a 20-gun, sixth-rate sloop (circa 1719).
It is a rare example of a model fitted with sweeps for rowing. The model is decked and rigged. Although built on the scale typical of Navy Board models, this is an early example of Georgian models.

The model does not relate to a specific ship, but is representative of one of the fifth-rate ships rebuilt as sixth rates in the early 18th century, like the ‘Blandford’ or the ‘Lyme’, which were launched from Deptford in 1720. Vessels of this type were approximately 106 feet long, 28 feet in the beam and weighed about 375 tons burden. They carried a complement of 140 men. They were armed with twenty 6-pound guns.

Overall model: 820 x 1060 x 400 mm; Base: 70 x 840 x 235 mm

Da questo modello è strata tratta la monografia di Brian Lavery "The 20gun Ship Blandford" della serie "Anatomy of the Ship".

Prima serie di foto ufficiali del museo di Greenwich . .

Continua . .

Non hai i permessi necessari per visualizzare i file allegati in questo messaggio.

Profilo  

MessaggioInviato: 03/05/2015, 17:16 
Non connesso

SLR0411

Continuazione . .

Altra serie di di foto scattate da un visitatore del museo dello stesso modello . .

Profilo  

Apri un nuovo argomento Rispondi all’argomento  [ 13 messaggi ]  Vai alla pagina Precedente  1, 2

Tutti gli orari sono UTC +1 ora [ ora legale ]